Saturday, 22 August 2015

London Calling: The Makeup Decisions

It has been a while and I found myself drifting away from my new blogging venture. However it has been a busy few weeks!

Everyone has their "I would love to do list" so last weekend I took a trip to London with my new hubby to see the wonderful sites of London and more importantly to enjoy some afternoon tea at the Ritz. :)

A quick pic - packing in a panic!
The first mission of getting to London (no I am not talking about the National Express) was deciding what makeup loot was going to accompanying me for the weekend away.

In the end I opted for the faves which had to include Urban Decay's "Up All Night" spray. This stuff is amazing, once you spray it on top of your makeup it really does not budge. I used this for my wedding and on my bridesmaids. They were all pretty impressed and our makeup stayed looking perfect well into the early hours.

Another product which I have been really impressed with is e.l.f's  face primer. The product feels really silky and smooth and doesn't make your skin greasy or shiny, it provides the perfect base for makeup and I now use this everyday - a little blob goes a long way.

After much deliberation from my makeup box I opted for the following for my weekend away;

MAC - Pro long wear Foundation -  Shade: NC25. I really love this foundation it is quite thick to work with but once it is put on with a foundation brush with a translucent powder on the top it gives such a flawless finish. Since I used this product for my wedding I have lots of compliments about my makeup. For everyday I simply use less to provide some coverage. It is also the perfect shade for my olive skin.

MAC - Pro long wear Concealer - Shade: NC25- Does what it says on the tin! Great coverage with this product, again a little goes on a long way.

MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara - This is BEST mascara I have found in a long time it makes lashes really stand out. I do use this mascara with the MAC lash primer but I left this behind for the weekend (unintentionally). Another great version of lash primer is one made my e.l.f it is cheaper than the MAC one and to be fair just as good.

I ♥ Makeup Revolution - U r the best thing - This eyeshadow palette is great as it has good mix of shimmers and matte shadows.

Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Eye shadow Palette - I couldn't bear to leave this behind - just in case!

MAC Pro Long Wear Blush - Shade: Make You Mine

Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer- Shade: Golden Days. Great for getting a natural glow without looking like you've rolled around in a glitterball.

Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter- Shade: Peach Lights

Revolution Focus & Fix Eyebrow Shaping Kit - Shade: Medium Dark.  I covered this in my last blog, definitely a beauty steal at £2.50.

Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color - Shade: Creme Caramel - This lipstick and shade is a permanent resisdent in my makeup bag and you will normally see me wearing it everyday. I love the shade and it gives a really finish to the overall look. I wear this to work and although it doesn't last all day (ie. looking perfect) it doesn't flake off, the colour just appears lighter if it has been on all day. For a night on the tiles it last just great but I usually top up whilst having a chatter around the sinks. It's Friday, it's happy hour, everyone is a friend!

The loot also included; Maybelline Gel Liner, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, eyelash curlers and Elf Mineral Lip Liner in Rose.

In my last blog I covered my new nude shoes, I managed to get from our hotel in Bloomsbury Place and on the tube all the way to the Ritz. The verdict is that they were pretty comfy but very high and I don't think I would recommend taking the tube escalator in them! I did get a few funny looks on the tube but it really was quicker than getting in a cab - and as always we were running late.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment