Sunday, 11 October 2015

Another year, another birthday


I know that some people are really into celebrating birthdays in a big way but I have always been one to become a little blue around the time of my birthday. It is the though of getting older and the people around me (I find this thought gives me some anxiety). The thought that time has passed me by again without even realising it makes me nervous. I don't know if this is just me or if other people feel this way about birthdays. 
However, this year after having my little wobble I decided to enjoy my birthday and decided to do something I have not done before, I chose to try the segway at an "activity ranch" located not far away from my home. Now I know that isn't the activity of a lifetime but it was such a good day out with a little group of us... it was random.
This year I made a promise to myself to keep trying all sorts of different activities and visiting as many different places much as opportunity and spare cash allows  and I have managed to get a few things under my belt. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
The activity list so far consists of; Cuba, swimming with dolphins, afternoon tea at the Ritz snowboarding, skiing, running a half marathon (3 hours 17) life drawing and segway. I feel I can get a lot more done before this year is out.(I so got married this year so maybe I have had a busy year than I think) I am now looking into "Circus School" why not? 
I think the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland had the right idea as he celebrated "unbirthdays" basically treating everyday like a birthday celebration which really should be the goal all year round. 
I started out feeling blue about my birthday but now I have taken the time to look back on the year as a whole it has been pretty good. 

"Let's all congratulate with another cup of tea. A very merry unbirthday to you!" - The Mad Hatter

No comments:

Post a Comment