Monday, 19 October 2015

Veggie Sweet & Spicy Stir-fry

I am not a veggie but I do like to have nights where I opt for meat free alternatives. I accidentally added my basket Quorn Chicken Pieces and I have to say although they are not a substitute for chicken pieces in terms of texture the flavour is pretty good and work well in a quick and and easy mid week stir fry. This recipe can be made using "real chicken" however make sure everything is cooked through before adding the rest of the ingredients.

Spicy & Sweet Stir-fry

Ingredients

  • Quorn chicken pieces 
  • Broccoli (frozen is fine)
  • Straight to wok noodles
  • Spring onions
  • Peanuts
  • Peanut Butter
  • Dark soy sauce
  • Fish sauce
  • Ginger 
  • Chilli flakes
  • Wok oil (lemongrass & ginger is my fave)

Method

  • Heat wok with wok oil 
  • Add chicken pieces & chopped spring onions
  • Add dark soy sauce & fish sauce (enough to create a small pool of sauce in bottom of the wok)
  • Add large tablespoon chunky peanut butter
  • Stir chicken pieces, chopped onions and add in frozen broccoli
  • Add ginger - fresh and grated is best
  • Add straight to wok noodles
  • Serve up with a handful of honey glazed peanuts 

No comments:

Post a Comment